No fancy story to go with this post. Just a super yummy, warm in your tummy dish that will totally fill you up!
1 lb. ground beef
1 green bell pepper, halved and chopped
6 green onions, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls
5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tsp. pepper
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup ketchup
1 bag shredded cheese
- heat oven to 375 degrees
- line bottom of medium glass baking dish with crescent roll dough
- bake dough for 11 minutes
- in a medium to large frying pan add olive oil, ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook till beef is brown.
- remove dough from oven and reduce oven heat to 350 degrees
- next add carrots, bell pepper, and green onions to meat mixture and cook until carrots are slightly tender.
- add tomatoes, crushed pepper and ketchup
- now pour meat mixture over pre-cooked dough
- sprinkle the top with sage, rosemary and cheese
- cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes
- let cool for 10 minutes and serve
This is a great dish! Perfectly spicy and satisfying. My suggestion, serve with a dollop of sour cream.