12 oz. of Johnsonville chicken sausage, sliced
6 oz. of frozen corn
15 oz. can of white beans
4 c. of low sodium chicken broth
10 oz. can of cream of potato soup
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 large white onion, peeled & diced
3 carrots, peeled & chunky chopped
3 red potatoes, peeled & chunky chopped
3 bay leaves
1 tsp. dry oregano
1 tsp. dry basil
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- In a large fry pan, over medium-high heat, add sausage, onions, carrots & potatoes. Cook until carrots & potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Now add white beans, corn & 1 1/2 cups chicken broth. Cover & simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove lid & add all seasonings.Then recover for remaining 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, on medium heat, add soup & remaining 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, then reduce to low & cover for 5 minutes.
- Now turn your Crock pot on low. Dump the contents of both pans into the Crock pot and cover.
- Let it cook on low for 3-4 hours until ready to eat.
This is so warm and delicious! I would suggest serving it with some fresh made bread. If the soup is too spicy then reduce the amount of crushed red pepper. Either way, it is amazingly flavorful and great for any night at home.