Monday, January 12, 2015

Filipino Garlic Fried Rice

So the other day I made a big pot of rice for my wife and I to have with the stir fry she made us for dinner. The problem was: what to do with the leftover rice the next day. Then it hit me... being Filipino, I went with a simple recipe that we (Filipinos) are taught at some point in our lives Garlic Fried Rice!!! Yummy yummy yummies for our tummies

Leftover steamed white rice (I used about 2 cups
Cooking oil
Garlic
Salt
Pepper

Directions

I started off by heating about 2 tbsp of EVOO in a non-stick pan.

Next I dropped in about 1.5 tbsp minced garlic (I was kinda lazy so I used some Spice World pre-minced garlic from the grocery store) and sauteed it til it was a nice golden brown. Since the rice was from the night before, it was cold and compacted together so I had to separate it as best I could (a wooden spoon works great).

After that, I added the rice to my oil and sautéed garlic mixture and mixed it all together. Using salt and pepper, I seasoned to taste while continuing to mix for about 7-10 minutes

YIPPEE!!! Filipino Garlic Fried Rice


It's best with ham (I like Spam better) and eggs as a breakfast combo

No comments:

Post a Comment