Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Beef Adobo Jaime’s Way

Ingredients

1½ tbsp soy sauce
1 cup vinegar
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp minced garlic
3 small bay leaves
1 pkg beef for stir fry
   pepperoncinis
2 small sweet cherry peppers, diced

It was a day like any other, I woke up, kissed my wife, rumbled and grumbled around the house and finally ended up in the kitchen. “What’s for dinner?” I asked after seeing the beef we normally use for stir fry thawing on the counter. “I don’t know yet, but I’ll think of something.” Aubrie answered.

Just then the gears in my head started churning. Grabbing one of our cookbooks I started thinking of some beef adobo (Yes, I know adobo is traditionally chicken or pork). Looking up some of the different adobo recipes, I quickly realized that I didn't have the exact ingredients called for on any of them. So, I improvised

Taking all the ingredients except the beef, I combined them in a small bowl and mixed them together for about 3 minutes. Afterward I covered the mix with the beef and placed in the refrigerator to marinate for about 4-5 hours


Hours later I came back and dumped everything into a medium fry pan over high heat for about 10 minutes. After that I let the concoction simmer on low for another 10 minutes. Then served atop a bowl of steamed rice with some edamame that Aubrie decided would be a good side



At the end of it all, it had the adobo flavor but I think next time I’ll use a little bit less vinegar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment