1 Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 large white onion, peeled & diced
8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1/2 can of spam, diced (optional)
2 c. Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Next, line the pan with pizza dough, take a fork a poke the dough to stop it from rising. Bake crust for 5 minutes.
- In a medium fry pan add meat and onions.
- Cook until meat is brown and onions are translucent. About 10-15 minutes.
- In a small fry pan cook spam until brown and crisp. About 10 minutes. (skip this step if you choose not to use the spam)
- Remove crust from oven.
- Top with tomato sauce, 1 cup of cheese, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt, & 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Now add ground beef, spam (optional), & onion.
- Add the remainder of the seasoning & the other cup of cheese.
- Return pizza to the oven & bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven & let cool about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Alright, that's it. It is a really delicious & pretty simple recipe that children & adults alike are sure to enjoy. But, I must give the proper credit where it is due, thanks to my RAD mother for coming up with the recipe. ENJOY!!!