Thursday, October 2, 2014

Stitching Serenity


For as long as I can remember I have loved cross stitching. Its a great way to design something fun and beautiful.

Most people may think its not that difficult, I beg to differ. The degree of difficulty depends solely on the person partaking in this crafty past time.

There are different types of needlework. A few of them are: NeedlepointCounted Cross-Stitch, and Stamped Cross-Stitch  My preferred favorite is the Counted Cross-Stitch. 



For me, I feel counted cross stitch gives the crafter a bit more of a challenge. While everything you need to create the final product comes in the kit, the canvas for sewing is completely blank when you first begin.

Therefore, you are required to figure out exactly where to begin, how much of the cloth the finished design will take up and which color thread to start with. With Stamped Cross Stitch, the design is completely ready for you. All you have to decide which section to start in. BORING!!!



The above picture is an example of a mostly completed Counted Cross Stitch that I started years ago and next to it is an example of what the instruction look like. A good way for me to keep track of where I am and where I have left of is to black out what I have already completed. 

This is also a good idea to keep track of what color thread you have already used, I cross them of the thread list as I complete them on the fabric.

I love the designs that are available for Counted Cross Stitch. Just remember, once you are done with your project make sure to read the instruction included in the kit on how to wash the finished design. This is a very important step because the fabric will get dirty from being handled.


While I prefer the Counted Cross Stitches I would love for my readers to go out there and try the three different types I suggested to see which they love for themselves. Please let me know which one you have chosen. 
~~ Thanks, Aubrie



No comments:

Post a Comment