Friday, October 31, 2014

Toys R' Us and Christmas ~ Childhood Memories

Woo Hoo, Yippee, Hooray!!! What other super excited fun words can I use to describe how happy I get every year when I hear these 6 little words "Toys R' Us Big Christmas Book"...... I know, I know, your saying "Aubrie, you are 36, why are you thinking about toys?" Simple really, I'm just a big huge kid.

Not to mention that every year for as long as I can remember my brother, Jackson, and I have always spent time together perusing the pages of the Toys R' Us book. It was a fun way for us to make our christmas lists when we were younger and now we just like to giggle about the new toys they have today. 



(Photo courtesy of: Jenn Strathman)


This year however, we have not been able to continue this tradition because of our schedules. But, that has not stopped me from going to Toys R' Us and getting lots of great pictures of the new and cool items available this year..... So let's get this party rollin'

Let's start with the Teeny Tiny Kiddos (0 - 1):

First up I offer up the......


Next I want to show you the....


Third I loved the classic....


And finally for the Teeny Tiny Kiddos section I offer up the uber noise maker.....



Now we move on to the Toddler aged Kiddos (12 months to 3 yrs)......

First up, I bring you.....


Second, I offer you the....


Third, I bring to you one of my all time favorites......



Fourth, Jackson would have totally loved this when he was a kid......



Last up for the Toddler group......


Okie dokie folks, let's keep this toy train rollin...... Now we are going to take a peek at the Preschooler Kiddos (3 yrs to 5 yrs):

First up for this group I have the.....


Next, I bring you this super fun play set for the girly girls.......



For the boys, I have that covered also, with this.....



Finally for this group I give you another super fantastic classic.....


 

Alright, seeing as I actually do not have kids of my own I may have gotten some of the toys in the above groups wrong for the appropriate age. 

I still have a ton more great things to share but I am going to group them together instead of listing them individually. So sit back and enjoy the rest of the ride......

Group 1 includes: 

My love of board games came at very young age from hanging around with my paternal grandparents. They always had a cupboard full of them ranging from those listed here to scrabble and puzzles of all kinds.

They spent several years building their collection because they raised a family of nine kids and from there a gazillion grandchildren. You get the picture, there are a lot of us! 

Moving on from here, I present Group 2:
which includes.....

Group 3 is geared towards the older kids, like 5+ age group....
This group includes:

The final group I have for you is just random stuff that I think is totally cool.....
This group includes:

Thats that. Everything I have put in this post are things that I would have wanted or want now. 

But the more important thing, Toys R' Us was a great place for my brother and I to bond when we were kids. Although we are grown and have our lives now we still cherish those memories and make new ones as often as possible.

So remember, no matter how little or silly it may seem, let you children have their moments, they won't last forever.

Have a great week!!! HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON


























1 comment:

  1. Love love love!! Thanks for writing this, made me nostalgic. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete