Thursday, October 16, 2014

DIY Painting Projects

I love believing that I am a totally creative artful person. But, to the outside world I'm probably not........ that is a big fat BUMMER!!! However, you can not take away my fun that easily.

About a month ago The Hubs and I visited the local Michael's craft store and found that they were having a huge sale on all of their painting canvas and acrylic paints. So, we decided to stock up, throw in some brushes and cute stencils and have a painting party with our bestie Gail. 




We had so much fun spending hours letting our creative juices flow. Gail created an amazing four canvas piece of art that she ended up hanging up in her bedroom at home. I'm kind of bummed I do not have a picture to add to the post.

The Hubs and I on the other hand we just painted whatever our minds eye saw. Apparently on this particular night The Hubs's inner eye saw Military design..... He painted so amazing canvas's depicting both his rank in the military when he was discharged and a phoenix in the shape of the Air Force insignia. 


My mind's eye however took a much more random design scheme and I also painted some cute wood cutouts that I found in the woodworking section at Michael's.....


The cute heart design on the far left painting and the elegant yellow design on the middle were both created by stencils that I found......



And of course it is always important to make sure you have the correct paint to complete your project. For these pictures we went with your everyday acrylic paints. 


But no matter what paints, stencils, or canvas's you end up using the point of the whole fun painting day was to simply express our own creativity. This can be done in anyway that pops into your mind.

So, HAVE FUN!!! Leave a comment and let me know what you came up with. 

CATCH YA ALL LATER!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment